Tankless hot water boosters can be a great way to ensure the performance of your solar water heating system.
With more and more people looking to utilize greener technologies, hot water heating continues to come to the forefront of the sustainability movement. The cost of heating water can be the second largest utility expense in the home, often running between $400 and $600.
One common way of heating hot water that has recently emerged is solar hot water heating. These solutions are advantageous because they are able to leverage the power of the sun to heat hot water, greatly reducing the need to use expensive fuels like oil, coal or natural gas. Unfortunately, because solar hot water heaters are dependent on the sun, they require backup systems in case of cloudy days or times when hot water demand is high.
Tankless hot water heaters can be the perfect back up system for such projects, because of their ability to save on a number of different fronts.
- Energy: Tankless solutions heat water on demand, meaning they only use energy when it is needed. Other solutions, like hot water tanks, waste energy constantly keeping water at a certain temperature.
- Space: Tankless water heaters can be mounted on a wall or underneath a sink. They are 90 percent smaller than tanks.
- Water: Tankless water heaters can provide hot water immediately, rather than you having to wait for it to heat up.
Eemax is one of the foremost providers of tankless water heating solutions. By using an Eemax tankless solution, you can help ensure that your solar hot water heater will be able to continually perform. The following are the Eemax products best suited for supplementing these solutions.
- Series Two: This solution can provide 2.5 gallons per minute of showering temperature water and has a capacity of up to 3 gallons per minute. It works in staged heating modules to regulate the amount of necessary power based on the flow rate.
- Series Three: This is best suited for use throughout an entire house. It can provide up to 4 gallons per minute of bathing temperature water, and is also designed to turn on in stages to save energy.
Eemax tankless water heaters can achieve a thermal energy efficiency rating of 99 percent, making them an ideal choice to supplement your solar water heater.