The washdown process is vital to any company that handles bacteria and other harmful materials, and by using a tankless water heater, you can ensure an efficient and safe washdown.
The food and beverage industry, along with others like pharmaceuticals all have to deal with potentially harmful materials. Given the nature of these sectors, in which the products are usually ingested, it is absolutely vital that these products be sanitary.
This makes hot water a must for any company that regularly undergoes this process. There needs to be a constant stream of water that is able to meet the requirements of organizations such as the United States Food and Drug Administration, along with the U.S. Department of Agriculture. Depending on what is being washed down, temperature standards can vary, but generally speaking, hot water is a must.
Using a tankless water heater
One of the best solutions to providing hot water for washdowns is by using a tankless water heater. Tank water heaters have long been the standard for meeting industrial hot water needs, but tankless ones offer a number of advantages.
- Space: Tankless water heaters are 90 percent smaller than tanks, saving space on the work room floor.
- Performance: They can be installed at the point of use, providing hot water as soon as its needed.
- Efficiency: Tankless water heaters are 99 percent thermal energy efficient, compared to just 60 percent from water tanks.
- Life span: Tankless water heaters can last twice as long as tanks.
Eemax tankless water heaters are top of the line in terms of performance and value. The following are ideal for washdowns, depending on the flow rate and volume that is necessary.
- Series Two: Can provide 3 gallons of hot water per minute and is capable of providing water up to 180 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Series Three: Similar to Series Three, and can provide up to 4 gallons per minute. It is engineered to turn on in stages in order to use only the energy that’s necessary.
- Three Phase: Can support up to 5 gpm, and can heat up to 180 degrees Fahrenheit. It is compact and can be installed at the point of use.
- Series Six: Can reach 180 degrees Fahrenheit and reach 12 gpm.
By investing in an Eemax tankless water heater, you can ensure that your washdown is sanitary, safe and efficient.