Tankless water heaters improve the home in winter
August 29, 2016
Homeowners in the northern regions of the United States are likely already beginning to prepare their abodes for this fall and winter. In addition to ensuring that the home itself stays warm, they ought to also think about how they will make it so they never run out of a hot water when in need.
After a long day of skiing or simply braving the commute home, they will likely want to take a hot bath or shower to unwind and warm up. Although standard equipment used for decades can do the job, tankless water heaters get it done far better. Let’s take a look at how.
Tankless water heaters are superior
Here are just a few of the ways in which homeowners can expect to enjoy a better experience with a tankless water heater compared to conventional models:
- There is no loss of heat from the tank, as these units warm the water whenever the individual turns the faucet.
- Since tankless water heaters are entirely self-contained systems, there are no adjustments needed, making them more convenient.
- Whereas tank-based water heaters last between 10 and 15 years on average, tankless ones last an average of 20 years. This can result in immense savings to homeowners over time.
- With more precise heating controls, families will not need to worry about their children being scalded accidentally.
- Minimal repairs and greater versatility once the system has been installed.
Now, those are just some of the advantages of having tankless systems in place, but there are also benefits when it comes to installing and managing these systems compared to ones with tanks.
No-stress installation and maintenance
Tankless units are far smaller than the average water heater. This means that they will not take up nearly as much space in the home. Moreover, they are far easier to install, and quicker, for that matter, which allows the homeowner to begin enjoying these systems shortly after purchase.
So, with all this in mind, what is holding you back from stepping into the modern age and purchasing a tankless water heater today?