Tankless hot water heaters can be a great way to handle the heating demands of gang showers, no matter the setting.
Gang showers can be found in a variety of facilities, from college dorms, to military facilities or gymnasiums. A single shower can command a surprising amount of hot water, making gang showers even more demanding. As a result, the hot water expenses for these appliances can get quite high, especially given the fact that hot water heating is commonly the second most costly utility.
Because there can be so many shower heads in a single gang shower, the demand for hot water is high. Those responsible for the design and maintenance of these facilities need to make sure that users are getting ample supplies of hot water, without running up the utility bill. Electric tankless water heaters have emerged as a popular solution for gang showers.
Why use tankless?
In the past, hot water tanks have been the most common solution for gang showers, but they are one of the most inefficient solutions for a number of reasons. The following are the top ways that tankless water heaters outperform their tank counter parts.
- Size: Tankless water heaters are 90 percent smaller than tanks, meaning that they can be installed at the point of installation, rather than taking up space in a utility closet.
- Performance: Tankless water heaters operate on a demand basis, meaning that they heat water as it is needed. Because tanks can be far away from the point of use, you may waste hot water waiting for it to warm up.
- Efficiency: Water tanks constantly need to use energy to keep water warm. Tankless water heaters only operate when they are needed, cutting down on standby energy expenditure.
- Lifespan: Tankless hot water heaters can work for over 20 years, making them the longest lasting option on the market.
When considering an electric tankless water heater, you certainly have a number of options. Eemax has established itself as a leader in the market. The following are two ideal solutions for gang showers:
- Series Four: This model can provide up to 6 gallons per minute of bathing temperature water and can handle three showers at a time through its four heating module design. The heater is built to turn on in stages so that only the necessary amount of power is used.
- Three Phase: This model can support up to 5 gpm making it ideal for commercial settings like gang showers.
Depending on flow rate and temperature requirements, SpecAdvantage water heaters are ideal for gang showers.